The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- VT-Rachel firmware upgrade April 22, 2017I want to upgrade my vt-rachel firmware but i found firmware from 2012, could you send me firmware?
- I2C and 1-Wire interfaces for MP02 April 15, 2017For those interested in adding sensors (such as temperature, humidity, pressure, voltage, current) and controllers to MP02 and similar devices, there are two new VT Wiki pages describing the use of I2C and 1-Wire serial busses on MP02: http://wiki.villagetelco.org/I2C_Bus_for_MP02
- Internal Meshbed using MP AWD - disabling MIMO April 3, 2017Hello, I've been trying to setup an internal testbed using the new MP-AWD devices in a very constricted space. I am using self-built Faraday cages to cancel the interference. The cage is basically wire mesh with hole spacing of less than 3mm, wrapped around the MP-AWD boxes. In order to further
- Video through the Mesh March 30, 2017Hi Guys i was viewing one of threads where Vishan came in to start discussing video and joint classroom work etc. Got me interesting because one of the projects I'm working on is TV through the mesh. My approach and work has been as follows: There has been tremendous work done on embedding
- aerials, Square(ials) etc March 30, 2017Hi guys In my other thread regarding GL-AR150s and working with them, I raised the question of long distance wifi working. I had a very fruitful conversation with Anish Mangal regarding his experiences with either Cantennas or Cantenna/Satellite Dish Combos, both of which have proved to give
- MTK7620 i2c bus March 25, 2017Hi, I was trying out the SECN firmware on an MTK7620 board ( https://www.gl-inet.com/m7620n/#) and was trying to access the i2c bus. While building the firmware I noticed that there is a kernel module called i2c_ralink. I selected that, and also selected the i2c_gpio_custom to test with using
- Download links March 16, 2017Hi All Am I crazy,, download folders are empty. Wayne
- Solar Power = Battery March 15, 2017Hi Guys I've read the existing threads on power/solar but I'm afraid its clear as mud. (My fault) I understand that 5v or smaller than 12v which is smaller than 240v but when it comes to amps and watts, I go all blond. Consider 1 x AR150 which requires 5v at around .75 of an amp. My lithium
- Progress with the WR842 1.3 version March 7, 2017Hi All If you view my other posts you will see that I have successfully flashed MR3020 and, because of memory limitations, have them working as SECN mesh network only. I am extremely impressed with them as they have eradicated null spots in the house. And I have since re-flashed them with
- Software bounty: Provisioning Mesh Potatoes via FreePBX / FusionPBX March 6, 2017Hi all, Looking forward someone who would be interested in undertaking the work to develop a provisioning function on the MP2 that works with systems like FusionPBX or FreePBX. This would involve: - adding fields to the existing configuration screen to include, among other things, an IP
- TP-Link Access Point TL-WA7210N March 1, 2017Hi Guys I've been rummaging around in some boxes in the attic and came across a couple of outdoor access points. One of them is a TL-WA7210 2.4GHZ still in its box - never used. Could I use this in a mesh?? I know I could use it as a repeater and I could repeat my nearest mesh node but would
- My experiences with GL-AR150 February 22, 2017Hi Guys Firstly thank you to the kind person who pointed me to the bin for the AR150. I've started this thread so as to not hijack TP-LINK MR3020 thread Having bricked a number of original MP2s and one other MR3020, you can understand that I proceed with caution 🙂 My AR150's were virgin
- DTMF detection issues when Mobile->SIP February 19, 2017Hi, I am running asterisk 11.22.0 (thanks to Terry) on an AR150, and I seem to be having a strange DTMF tone detection issue. I built a simple IVR menu where Background (and/or WaitExten) (I tried both) are used to redirect the user calling on the mobile network to a user on the SIP/Softphone
- Invitation to my talk on The KINGS of Africa's Digital Economy @ Harvard February 13, 2017https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/2017/02/Osiakwan and I would also be speaking @ https://africabusiness-conferenceteam.squarespace.com/finance I look forward to seeing you. Eric here
- Fwd: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired. No longer requires license February 1, 2017Hi everyone, is this confirmed? It would be good news as most VoIP providers, at least in South Africa require it for the SIP trunk. Best Carlos ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Date: 1 Feb 2017 8:17 p.m. Subject: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired.