The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- Welsh Village Staylittle : BBC The Big Life Fix with Simon Reeve December 12, 2016Hi, Just watched a BBC TV show this week which used your equipment to set up a mesh network for a small village in Wales, Staylittle (great name!), who did have broadband provided by via high latency satellite, but more importantly needed an alternative to an unreliable landline phone service.
- Rural in Cornwall, Uk December 9, 2016Hi can I have some advice as to whether this will work in the U.K. My property is a lodge on a holiday site and there is a large group of us (60-100 lodges) that need as close to broadband as possible. Unfortunately the owner of the site refuses to allow landlines on site and mobile phone
- Room to room to garden shed wifi?? December 9, 2016Hi I live in the UK, and have BT Broadband... Earlier this year I subscribed to BT TV, but have not been able to get it running as the BT extender system will only run on a single ring main system. The BT (Hub 5) modem is in the kitchen, and is on a different circuit to the TV in the lounge.
- New Serval Mesh Extender PCB prototypes December 6, 2016Hello all, We have the prototypes for our new PCB for the Serval Mesh Extender: http://servalpaul.blogspot.de/2016/12/the-new-mesh-extender-prototypes-have.html I have included the Village Telco folks incase it is of interest to that community, given it is Ath9k based hardware, that will come
- Re: Purchasing more routers December 6, 2016Hi Anish The wifi algorithm dynamically sets the Modulation Coding Scheme (MCS) mode which is often displayed with (or as) a theoretical bit rate for the type of modulation/coding that is being used. I assume that this is what you are referring to. There is a good explanation here:
- opus suport possible on mp2 ? December 4, 2016Hi All, any plans on supporting opus ? http://blogs.digium.com/2016/09/30/opus-in-asterisk/ would be more for the opus packet loss robustness (~30% before degrading), not sure how cpu intensive it is at g711 quality levels , as i doubt you will get wideband out of the fxs port 😉 or if you did
- Re: [Village Telco] Contact December 3, 2016Hi Che A few questions to help resolve what is going on Would you be able to draw a sketch of the geographic layout of the nodes (with approximate distances between nodes) in your network, and send a scan/photo of the sketch please? You have identified four nodes in your network (named
- voip auto provisioning and wifi auto provisioning November 10, 2016Hi, I've been using open-mesh access points and I really like their cloudtrax (cloud) management console. I am able to add an access point referencing the mac address of the unit and then the unit automatically connects to the cloudtrax account and I am able to manage all aspects of wifi -
- MP2 "All Wheel Drive" AWD edition now available November 8, 2016Hi all, In case you didn't see the news on social media, the MP2 "All Wheel Drive" AWD edition is now available. https://villagetelco.org/2016/11/mp2-awd-all-wheel-drive-edition/ This is an outdoor device, dual 5GHz and 2.4GHz radio, with internal USB port and SDcard slot, and FXS port.
- No batman nodes in range November 7, 2016Hi All The network was just working fine and received some complaints from my users that they can not connect to the nodes close to them. Then i checked the nodes using linssid software and they appear to be online. However when I checked the SECN web interface under status tab there are not
- How it works the telephone network? November 4, 2016Hi, I became interested in your project. A great one! Congrats! Specially, due to your collaboration with librerouter (and libremesh firmware). I read that this works with batman-advance with the network; ok, batman-advance works out of the box with routing, internet access, services, etc.
- load balancing November 2, 2016Hi All I am experiencing slow network connections due to network congestions on my mesh network. I am kindly asking any advice to load balance traffic among the nodes within the mesh network. The mesh network uses batman-adv routing protocol and TQ routing metric. Regard Vusi
- Providing rapid communication services October 15, 2016Hi, The hurricane that devastated the south part of Haiti the last two weeks got me thinking. During that time there was no way to cummunicate with the people on that part of the island. I'm working on a communication system for rapid deployment in the aftwemath of a disaster ( based exclusivel
- outgoing calls configuration (solved) October 15, 2016Hello everybody, I'm using villagetelco firmware GA01.1/SECN/ ; after configuration, SIP registers and calls are received; but, when trying to call out via my SIP provider I get < http://download.villagetelco.o
- Minstrel logs in the MP02 October 7, 2016Hi all, I was wondering if someone could point in the direction to where to find the Minstre logs in the MP02. Minstrel is the mechanism in charged of automatically choosing the rate each MP uses with each of their neighbors. For the MP01, with madwifi, I knew where to find them, but with the