The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- MTK7620 i2c bus March 25, 2017Hi, I was trying out the SECN firmware on an MTK7620 board ( https://www.gl-inet.com/m7620n/#) and was trying to access the i2c bus. While building the firmware I noticed that there is a kernel module called i2c_ralink. I selected that, and also selected the i2c_gpio_custom to test with using
- Download links March 16, 2017Hi All Am I crazy,, download folders are empty. Wayne
- Solar Power = Battery March 15, 2017Hi Guys I've read the existing threads on power/solar but I'm afraid its clear as mud. (My fault) I understand that 5v or smaller than 12v which is smaller than 240v but when it comes to amps and watts, I go all blond. Consider 1 x AR150 which requires 5v at around .75 of an amp. My lithium
- Progress with the WR842 1.3 version March 7, 2017Hi All If you view my other posts you will see that I have successfully flashed MR3020 and, because of memory limitations, have them working as SECN mesh network only. I am extremely impressed with them as they have eradicated null spots in the house. And I have since re-flashed them with
- Software bounty: Provisioning Mesh Potatoes via FreePBX / FusionPBX March 6, 2017Hi all, Looking forward someone who would be interested in undertaking the work to develop a provisioning function on the MP2 that works with systems like FusionPBX or FreePBX. This would involve: - adding fields to the existing configuration screen to include, among other things, an IP
- TP-Link Access Point TL-WA7210N March 1, 2017Hi Guys I've been rummaging around in some boxes in the attic and came across a couple of outdoor access points. One of them is a TL-WA7210 2.4GHZ still in its box - never used. Could I use this in a mesh?? I know I could use it as a repeater and I could repeat my nearest mesh node but would
- My experiences with GL-AR150 February 22, 2017Hi Guys Firstly thank you to the kind person who pointed me to the bin for the AR150. I've started this thread so as to not hijack TP-LINK MR3020 thread Having bricked a number of original MP2s and one other MR3020, you can understand that I proceed with caution 🙂 My AR150's were virgin
- DTMF detection issues when Mobile->SIP February 19, 2017Hi, I am running asterisk 11.22.0 (thanks to Terry) on an AR150, and I seem to be having a strange DTMF tone detection issue. I built a simple IVR menu where Background (and/or WaitExten) (I tried both) are used to redirect the user calling on the mobile network to a user on the SIP/Softphone
- Invitation to my talk on The KINGS of Africa's Digital Economy @ Harvard February 13, 2017https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/2017/02/Osiakwan and I would also be speaking @ https://africabusiness-conferenceteam.squarespace.com/finance I look forward to seeing you. Eric here
- Fwd: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired. No longer requires license February 1, 2017Hi everyone, is this confirmed? It would be good news as most VoIP providers, at least in South Africa require it for the SIP trunk. Best Carlos ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Date: 1 Feb 2017 8:17 p.m. Subject: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired.
- SECN firmware is suitable for Ubiquiti airGateway Long Range(airGateway-LR) January 31, 2017Dear All, Can I use SECN firmware with Ubiquiti airGateway(airGateway-LR)Long Range? Atheros MIPS 24KC, 400 MHz Memory 32 MB DDR1 8MB Flash Best Regards, Thomas
- Flashing Bullet 2 January 31, 2017Hi Compliments of the new season!! Does this mean I wont be able to flash Bullet 2 with SECN software? I see the generic & SECN available is only for Bullet M2 Please advice. Regards, Sylvester
- Flashing a TP-Link MR3020 January 30, 2017I have recently retired and, as a project to keep me busy, want to understand the Mesh system, mainly by setting up a Mesh network around the house. I have access to a number (3) of TL-MR3020 with the AR9331 CHIP. From what I understand I can flash the TP Links with the Mesh software to setup
- Project Isizwe, Zenzeleni make Mozilla's final five.. January 20, 2017"Two South African Internet connectivity projects – Project Isizwe and Zenzeleni – have made it into the semi-finals of Mozilla's $250 000 Equal Rating Innovation Challenge, a global competition which seeks innovative ideas to bridge the digital divide across the world." http://www.itweb.co.za/i
- Welsh Village Staylittle : BBC The Big Life Fix with Simon Reeve December 12, 2016Hi, Just watched a BBC TV show this week which used your equipment to set up a mesh network for a small village in Wales, Staylittle (great name!), who did have broadband provided by via high latency satellite, but more importantly needed an alternative to an unreliable landline phone service.