The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- My experiences with GL-AR150 February 22, 2017Hi Guys Firstly thank you to the kind person who pointed me to the bin for the AR150. I've started this thread so as to not hijack TP-LINK MR3020 thread Having bricked a number of original MP2s and one other MR3020, you can understand that I proceed with caution 🙂 My AR150's were virgin
- DTMF detection issues when Mobile->SIP February 19, 2017Hi, I am running asterisk 11.22.0 (thanks to Terry) on an AR150, and I seem to be having a strange DTMF tone detection issue. I built a simple IVR menu where Background (and/or WaitExten) (I tried both) are used to redirect the user calling on the mobile network to a user on the SIP/Softphone
- Invitation to my talk on The KINGS of Africa's Digital Economy @ Harvard February 13, 2017https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/2017/02/Osiakwan and I would also be speaking @ https://africabusiness-conferenceteam.squarespace.com/finance I look forward to seeing you. Eric here
- Fwd: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired. No longer requires license February 1, 2017Hi everyone, is this confirmed? It would be good news as most VoIP providers, at least in South Africa require it for the SIP trunk. Best Carlos ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Date: 1 Feb 2017 8:17 p.m. Subject: [asterisk-g729] G729 patent has expired.
- SECN firmware is suitable for Ubiquiti airGateway Long Range(airGateway-LR) January 31, 2017Dear All, Can I use SECN firmware with Ubiquiti airGateway(airGateway-LR)Long Range? Atheros MIPS 24KC, 400 MHz Memory 32 MB DDR1 8MB Flash Best Regards, Thomas
- Flashing Bullet 2 January 31, 2017Hi Compliments of the new season!! Does this mean I wont be able to flash Bullet 2 with SECN software? I see the generic & SECN available is only for Bullet M2 Please advice. Regards, Sylvester
- Flashing a TP-Link MR3020 January 30, 2017I have recently retired and, as a project to keep me busy, want to understand the Mesh system, mainly by setting up a Mesh network around the house. I have access to a number (3) of TL-MR3020 with the AR9331 CHIP. From what I understand I can flash the TP Links with the Mesh software to setup
- Project Isizwe, Zenzeleni make Mozilla's final five.. January 20, 2017"Two South African Internet connectivity projects – Project Isizwe and Zenzeleni – have made it into the semi-finals of Mozilla's $250 000 Equal Rating Innovation Challenge, a global competition which seeks innovative ideas to bridge the digital divide across the world." http://www.itweb.co.za/i
- Welsh Village Staylittle : BBC The Big Life Fix with Simon Reeve December 12, 2016Hi, Just watched a BBC TV show this week which used your equipment to set up a mesh network for a small village in Wales, Staylittle (great name!), who did have broadband provided by via high latency satellite, but more importantly needed an alternative to an unreliable landline phone service.
- Rural in Cornwall, Uk December 9, 2016Hi can I have some advice as to whether this will work in the U.K. My property is a lodge on a holiday site and there is a large group of us (60-100 lodges) that need as close to broadband as possible. Unfortunately the owner of the site refuses to allow landlines on site and mobile phone
- Room to room to garden shed wifi?? December 9, 2016Hi I live in the UK, and have BT Broadband... Earlier this year I subscribed to BT TV, but have not been able to get it running as the BT extender system will only run on a single ring main system. The BT (Hub 5) modem is in the kitchen, and is on a different circuit to the TV in the lounge.
- New Serval Mesh Extender PCB prototypes December 6, 2016Hello all, We have the prototypes for our new PCB for the Serval Mesh Extender: http://servalpaul.blogspot.de/2016/12/the-new-mesh-extender-prototypes-have.html I have included the Village Telco folks incase it is of interest to that community, given it is Ath9k based hardware, that will come
- Re: Purchasing more routers December 6, 2016Hi Anish The wifi algorithm dynamically sets the Modulation Coding Scheme (MCS) mode which is often displayed with (or as) a theoretical bit rate for the type of modulation/coding that is being used. I assume that this is what you are referring to. There is a good explanation here:
- opus suport possible on mp2 ? December 4, 2016Hi All, any plans on supporting opus ? http://blogs.digium.com/2016/09/30/opus-in-asterisk/ would be more for the opus packet loss robustness (~30% before degrading), not sure how cpu intensive it is at g711 quality levels , as i doubt you will get wideband out of the fxs port 😉 or if you did
- Re: [Village Telco] Contact December 3, 2016Hi Che A few questions to help resolve what is going on Would you be able to draw a sketch of the geographic layout of the nodes (with approximate distances between nodes) in your network, and send a scan/photo of the sketch please? You have identified four nodes in your network (named