The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- Help to configure dual band with WDR 3600 December 8, 2013I have bought 3 WDR 3600 to test out dual band How can i configure the SECN 2.0 to support dual band using 5GHZ for the mesh backbone and 2,4GHZ for client > also can someone explain to me how to have the client roam between the mesh node?
- MR3020 Issues December 8, 2013I am testing to build a 3 node mesh network using MR3020 . I found that just about less then 5 m away the RX will fall to 1mbits . but RX still remain good at 25- 75 MBits . May i know why so and how to imporve the performance ?
- Need to change the registration string December 5, 2013Hi averybodyl, for the registration of the MeshPotato (as SIP client) in the VoIP provider with which we are working, we need the MeshPotato to generate other registration string: for ex. according parameters in the SECN file, current string registration is register => 2974896...@10.51.9.100 and we
- Newbie question ... December 1, 2013Hello list, i just bought a pair of MP-01 here is my question.... If i could build a mesh using MP-01s what is reason to use other open-wrt devices such as WDR-4300 or Ubiquity Nanostation? What's the use of AccessPoints 2,4 and 5Ghz Antennas, are they used as backbone? Are there any introductory l
- PPPoe as CLIIENT in MP November 29, 2013*Hi Evryone * Does anyone has expierience or knows if it will be possible to run a PPPoE *CLIENT in MP* so that an IP address could be assigned to the bridge Lan? The idea is to maintain the mesh working as mesh, an a external PPPoe Server assigning the ip Does any one have any info? ways to do it?
- Network Performance November 26, 2013VT Community, Just a general question about performance – I have a mesh (SECN 2.0) set up between several schools operating on a common channel, and then a local hotspot at each school operating on an independent channel. Originally I understood that the mesh channel should be reserved not for publi
- Suggested master thesis November 23, 2013Hi folks, just thought of sharing the three directions we ended up with on possible master thesis here in Norway. Comments appreciated! and now it is to wait and see what type of students picking this project!! Excited! and they might get funding for travelling from Engineers without Borders to go
- Master thesis around Village telco November 12, 2013hi folks! I am getting the lead university in Norway to take Village Telco in for their students Master Thesis. But I need your help in defining the challenges we still need to solve: some suggestions: A) best practise of mesh architecture in different areas (from dense cities to rural areas) Wit
- Fwd: Free Wifi Grant project November 12, 2013Hi all, If you are involved in a non-profit WiFi project in the Western Cape, then this email is for you. The Western Cape government (WCG) is inviting applications for funding to non-profits offering free WiFi Internet in disadvantaged areas. "The WCG will fund initial setup cost (equipment and
- MP01 made it to the backery! November 7, 2013Hello List Yesterday we finished a course on WiFi mesh networks and VoIP. I promised my students that at the end of the course they would be eating WiFi routers. I made my word true! Please, see the link bellow: https://picasaweb.google.com/103523070671799235257/RouterPastel?authkey=Gv1sRgCIimhreRh
- SECN2.0RC1 madwifi - Asterisk dying? November 5, 2013I am monitoring a number of MP01's using Zabbix, and I got an alarm that one of them was no longer responding to Asterisk SIP OPTION packets (SIP "Ping"). I could still log into the offending MP01, but when I ran asterisk to query the phone registration: root@MP-37:~# asterisk -rx "sip show registry
- Downgrading from SECN 2.0 to SECN 1.1 November 4, 2013Hello, We've just upgraded one of our devices (MP01s) to SECN 2.0 in order to evaluate the new features of the firmware. Unfortunately it does not seem to be stable enough, compared to the previous SECN 1.1 firmware, and we're reflashing it to the previous version. The hard part is that two of our
- MP range. November 2, 2013All, I'm interested in hearing what range others have been able to achieve when using the MP with the standard directional antenna. Also any experiences with external antennas (sector/omni etc) and what range/throughputs they were able to achieve. Regards, Evert Bopp. +353 86 8645099 Disast
- Applications for an independent mesh? October 31, 2013Does anyone have any suggestions for applications to use on a mesh not connected to the Internet? I'm thinking of a local-community type mesh, with each node offering an open hotspot for non-mesh devices to connect to. The hotspot would be configured as a captive portal running a web interface to p
- Fwd: [kictanet] Fw: FIRE GRANTS October 29, 2013FYI... the call for the next round of FIRE grants is underway. Cheers.... Steve ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: 29 October 2013 04:39 Subject: [kictanet] Fw: FIRE GRANTS Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions Dear All FIRE Grants call for proposal is on