The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- ath5k, madwifi, adhoc, and ahdemo on SECN 2.0 May 16, 2013Hi all, We were expecting to have already put out a solid SECN 2.0 beta release but have run into some interesting issues in compatibility between Mesh Potatoes running the madwifi driver and and TP-Link devices running ath5k wireless driver. As you may know, ath5k doesn't support ahdemo mode which hides the IBSS
- Rapsberry Pi May 12, 2013Hi, Has anyone used the Raspberry Pi as a villagetelco server? I'm thinking the server would have an optimize version of asterisk, nginx as the http server, and so on. Please share your thoughts and documents. Thanks, --P
- Network monitoring of SECN 2.0 MPs with munin May 10, 2013Hi all, Terry and I have been doing some network testing with the new SECN 2.0 beta firmware using Munin. In case you're interested, here are some basic instructions on getting munin running on your MP network. Instructions apply to SECN 2.0 beta only as the xinetd and muninlite packages are specific to the 2.0 firmware. I'll have something up for […]
- call for papers to ACM DEV in Cape Town Dec 6-7, 2013 May 10, 2013paper deadline is July 18. more information can be found here: [link] Steve Song will be a keynote speaker! bill
- Call for papers for 2nd International Workshop on Community Networks and Bottom-up-Broadband (CNBuB2013) May 9, 2013fyi... ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Workshop on Community Networks and Bottom-up-Broadband (CNBuB2013) To: wsfii-disc...@lists.okfn.org Dear list members, The call for papers period for 2nd International Workshop on Community Networks and Bottom-up-Broadband (CNBuB2013)  is opened until June 15th.
- laptop running Linux/OpenWRT with a built-in wifi chipset supported by Madwifi drivers May 7, 2013I would like to find out from you guys if I can get a laptop on the market that can run Linux/OpenWRT with a built-in wifi chipset that is supported by Madwifi drivers.
- towards a better status page April 29, 2013Hi all, Terry and I have been beavering away at the 2.0 firmware and we are close to releasing an RC version which has a number of improvements. More about that shortly. But one thing that will be unchanged is the status page which provides output on the status of mesh connections and wireless
- Generic OpenWRT on Mesh Potato April 29, 2013Hey there, I've recently had the privilege of working with a mesh potato. After gaining access via openwrt failsafe, I saw it was running a minimal customised OpenWRT install compiled from scratch and utilising olsr for mesh stuff. As I don't intend to use the ATA, can I flash the generic Atheros
- ICTD2013 (Cape Town) Call for Demos April 18, 2013Good morning, (sorry for crossposting, you may receive this from several sources) ICTD2013 call for demos is now open. Please find the information below, and help us spread the word. I still remember when I met Steve presenting the Mesh Potatoes in London in ICTD2010, and check where I am now.
- Re: [serval-project-dev] linking serval mesh to village telco mesh April 18, 2013Hello, There have been no recent efforts to do this. That said, we would love to see the necessary work happen to re-integrate the two (they used to work together). The main issue is that Serval now uses its own VoMP (Voice over Mesh Protocol) instead of SIP+RTP for voice calls, and uses its own DNA
- linking village telco mesh network to serval mesh network April 17, 2013Hi every one, am trying to link village telco mesh network to serval mesh network . if anyone has an idea to do it please help me Ben
- Workshop on Smart Radio Technologies (SRT), 17 April, CSIR Pretoria April 11, 2013[link] 2013 CSIR R&D and Universities Collaboration Workshop on Smart Radio Technologies (SRT) for Opportunistic Wireless Broadband Connectivity & Innovation in Service Creation Venue: Knowledge Commons, Ulwazi Auditorium, CSIR, Pretoria, South Africa Programme (Last updated: 10 April 2013)
- mesh network help in jo'burg April 10, 2013Hi all, Is there anyone in Johannesburg who would be interested in helping someone get a mesh network off the ground? A friend of mine wants to create a WiFi mesh network in his neighbourhood that would provide free access for domestic workers, visitors to the community etc. Please write me offline
- VT-SECN in Ubnt Rocket? April 10, 2013Good morning, checking the list of hardware from open-wrt the Ubnt Rocket is not in there, and so I guess it would not be possible to get VT-SECN running on it, is there any way this can be done? or just wait for the people from open-wrt to provide the source? thanks in advance, carlos
- "Mesh" by Corinna “Elektra” Aichele: April 6, 2013Can anyone tell me where and how I can obtain a (free) online English version of this book by Corinna “Elektra” Aichele: Thank you.