The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- ACM DEV 2015 CFP May 27, 2015ACM DEV-6, November 30 – December 2, 2015 London, England Call for Papers The 6th Annual Symposium on Computing for Development (ACM DEV 2015) provides an international forum for research in the design, implementation, and evaluation of information and communication technologies (ICTs) for
- No batman nodes in range .. May 13, 2015HI ALL I have tried to change the mac addresses of the nodes which on the box are starting with the prefix 24 (picostations) and 68 (nanostations m2) but their are starting with 26 and 6a respectively on the secn web page. I attempted to changed them in the /etc/bat-hosts file to start with 24
- experience with 5GHz USB radio in ad-hoc mode? May 9, 2015Good morning, Anyone has experience with 5GHz USB radios operating in ad-hoc mode that can be easily added to the MP02? Thanks in advance, carlos -- Carlos Rey-Moreno Research Assistant Office 1.28 Department of Computer Science University of the Western Cape Private Bag X17 - Bellvil
- using verizon 551L usb modem with SECN May 6, 2015I have been trying to configure and use a verizon 551L usb modem to act as gateway for SECN. I wonder if this is possible or if that falls outside of supported devices in some way (dial up not supported?). If so, is there a list of supported dongles/configurations? The verizon 551L is listed a
- VT RACHEL May 4, 2015Ok I am doing something wrong. My brain is old and I know I am doing something clearly silly but what? I have mp02 flashed with http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/unstable/mp02/SECN-3/SECN-3.0-RACHEL/openwrt-SECN-3_0-RACHEL-RC2a-MP02-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and VT_Racel.zip unpack
- Indoor Propagation Model April 30, 2015Can Indoor ray tracing propagation model be effective for finding location of transmitter if receiver location is fixed ? . The modelling will be location based.
- Open-source hardware board? April 25, 2015I'm a big fan of Olimex and their OLinuXino project(s)  and embedded boards that have downloadable files for the PCB layout. Is there any AR9331 (or other mesh-potato compatible chip) based board that has editable/open-source schematic & PCBlayout files? The first thing I'd like to do is tak
- Setting hardware clock in MP01 with SECN2.0 April 16, 2015Good evening, I've set up a time server so all the MPs in the network can synchronize in the absence of an Internet connection. The synchronization works fine but it takes considerable time after an MP boots (up to 10 minutes). I'd like to create a crontab that periodically sets the current ti
- Re: 答复: Mesh Network Configure Questions. April 16, 2015Hi Edwin The Mesh Gateway mode is typically used when you have a mesh network with more than one gateway. The traffic from a node will be directed towards a particular gateway node based on what batman-adv calculates as the best possible path, taking into account the number of mesh hops require
- meshpotato.org / meshpotato.net April 12, 2015hi, if any is interesting in these two domains, shoot me an e-mail. (given away for free..) http://meshpotato.org / http://meshpotato.net -- cheers sjur
- Starting from Scratch with TP-Link TL-MR3020 April 5, 2015Hi Guys - I've restarted my project after having had to put it down for some time. I presently have 6 x MP02's, 4 of which I can't access because I lost the password. There must be a way to restore this without messing around with the serial thing. Anyway thats another post. I currently h
- Mesh Network in Cells April 4, 2015Here I attached a diagram of uan mesh network with 2 cells that are interconnected in between if. I also attached a diagram of a cell. This proposal is not new but I intend to discuss with all members of the forum, if it is one of the best ways of running a mesh network that can grow in number
- monitoring mesh with nagios March 31, 2015Hi All I HAVE A MESH OF SEVEN NODES MIX OF NANOSTATION AND PICOSTATIONS. I WOULD LIKE TO MONITOR USING NAGIOS. I HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED NAGIOS.
- Need help March 27, 2015Can someone help me. I was playing with my MP02 basic, trying to install a new firmware, and while I was uploading the firmware electrical power went out, now my device doesn't do anything, can someone help me on getting my devide back to work. Regards
- Ubiquiti ac March 27, 2015The Ubiquiti Nanobeam and UniFiOutdoor devices with the "ac" standard SECN you may install dual band ??? It could get very interesting bandwidths in a mesh !! Someone is testing ??