The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- Adding an external antenna to MP2 Phone September 22, 2014Hi guys, We tried to replace an existing OpenMesh.com mesh recently with MP2 Phone units. We did a few speed tests and the performance were unfortunately not good at all so we had to put the whole thing on ice. I came back with the units and did some speed tests here at home and the speed seems to b
- installing spud September 19, 2014Hi All i am facing a a challange of the svn when install spud svn access forbidden
- distance and spud September 18, 2014HI All the secn firmware is geographic limited i would like to know if you can obtain a link of a km between two nodes. Lastly is it possible to have spud on mesh network consisting nanostation m2 and picostations m2hp. Regards Vusi
- installing picostation m2 on secn September 16, 2014HI All I got picostations to mesh with nanosation m2 which will act as gateways for the picostations. i saw the following http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Picostation_M2_as_node_on_SECN_%28batman-adv%29_network should i follow it to install the picostation?
- flashback September 15, 2014Hi All I Have done flashback now i want to use the ip adress on the secn which is 10.130.1.10 to login to the access on the terminal and url.
- How to Cancel an Order? September 9, 2014Hello, I would like to cancel an existing order (Mesh Potato 2.0-Basic), in other to purchase the Mesh Potato 2.0 - Phone. Please educate me how to do that. Thank you, --Tipizo
- Mesh Potato (mp2) article on Techcentral September 9, 2014Techcentral is carrying an article about the new MP devices, including the revised pricing from $39 http://www.techcentral.co.za/mesh-potato-mashes-up-a-new-model/50796/ The article was posted 8 Sept 2014. Regards Andrew
- SIP/VOIP Registration on MP02 Phone September 3, 2014Hello, I am struggling with trying to register my MP02 Phone with my Voip server. The directions appear simple enough, but can't seem to have any success.Currently I am using an Innomedia ATA device along with a POT to make calls and would like to switch to the MP02. I have read the User Guide, gone
- Participatory Networks Workshop at PDC 2014 September 1, 2014Hi all, I'm co-organizing an event at the Participatory Design Conference, the 6th October in Windhoek, Namibia, about Community Networks. Here are the details of the event. It would be great if any of you could make it! And if you know anyone who would be interested, p
- Handy android utilities for mesh August 27, 2014Hi all, I recently came across a couple of handy utilities for android phones: Fing https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing - a bit like nmap for android only better. will persistently map your network. Aruba Utilities https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?i
- Untitled August 26, 2014Hello All This post is an update on the progress of development of the VT SECN firmware for the MPs and other devices. 1. SECN 2.0 Stable firmware has been posted to the VT Downloads page for the MP2-Basic and a range of TP-Link and Ubiquity devices. This firmware is based on stable source code f
- internet access available wan ip August 20, 2014Hi All i have installed secn on nanostation m2, i can see the vt-secn with a strong signal on my smartphone and laptop but i cant access internet. there is an attachment on how the devices are connected.
- up and running August 14, 2014Hi All one more question have secn firmware up and running and i am able to see the vt secn on my laptop and phone and the signal is good but i can not yet connected to the internet. when i opened firefox i can not get internet even on my phone although shows that i am connected.
- MESHdesk now completed and included in a VM August 13, 2014Hi, For those who like to try out new things.... I've managed to finish off the last few outstanding features on MESHdesk. It is included along with RADIUSdesk on the latest VM image. http://www.radiusdesk.com/meshdesk_user_guide The aim is to have you up and running in less than an hour and from th
- comparing voip August 13, 2014Hi All I have been trying to get MP01but to no avail now. i want to set up a mesh and compare voip perfomance with other wimax network. now my question can use the nanostation m2 as an alternative for the MP01? Regards Vusi