The best way to get support for Village Telco deployments is to join the village-telco-dev google group by entering your email address in the field below.
Subscribe to village-telco-dev
Latest messages to the village-telco-dev community
- WiFi Regulations around the world November 21, 2014Hi all, In a related project to Village Telco, I am trying to build a compendium of WiFi regulations around the world (focusing on Africa first) to highlight that there is still a lot of work to be done in having WiFi regulations that truly enabled local wireless infrastructure development. You ca
- PicoStation M as a MP02 November 21, 2014I would like to convert a PicoStation M to a MP02. I have seen multiple posts on the forum discussing this, but have yet to find one putting it all together. Can you refer me to a guide or appropriate forum thread? My ultimate goal is to have the Pico run the Wildernets image.
- Update to Village Telco wiki November 18, 2014Hi all, You may have noticed that the Village Telco wiki looks different. The content is still the same but the software and theme have been updated. http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Main_Page Comments welcome. Cheers... Steve
- Error Downloading Clients for Wildernets November 18, 2014I am receiving errors - "web page cannot be found" and "no such file or directory" - downloading Csipsimple and Xabber apps both on my smartphone and laptop.
- Re: [vt-dev] USB as a file share under fat32 and NTFS November 18, 2014Hi Wayne There are two ways to share files from the MP02. 1. The openssh-sftp-server package is installed which supports secure ftp. From a Ubuntu machine you can use the Nautilus file browser 'Connect to Server' menu to point to the IP address of the MP and select 'Type' of SSH. Add login creden
- USB as a file share under fat32 and NTFS November 18, 2014Hi I have MP02 (phone) with wildernets. How can I access a USB drive for file sharing that is set up with Fat32 or NTFS please? The device sees the drive but I cannot access. Not interested in webserver or social media but ordinary USB as a file sharing device on the net. My users are in a windows e
- Wildernets - Admin Log In November 17, 2014Upgraded the firmware on a MP02 Basic to Wildernets. However, I cannot access admin page due to sign in requirement. I did not have any User and PW set prior to the upgrade, so I leave the fields blank - access denied, still. Is there a default log in to use?
- mac adress November 16, 2014Hi All I have strange scenario the mac addresses of the same devices appear differently on secn web page and under bat-hosts. bat-hosts file 68:72:51:04:78:03 10.130.1.10 (gateway) 68:72:51:04:78:19 10.130.1.11 24:a4:3c:f8:81:c2 10.130.1.12 24:a4:3c:f8:81:bf 10.130.1.13 24:a4:3c:f8:81:28 10.130.1.14
- 802.11ac - TP-Link C7 AC1750 November 13, 2014Hello everyone, Is anyone experimenting with 802.11ac? I found this equipment from TP-Link (TP-Link C7 AC1750) to be pretty interesting and it seems to be supported by OpenWRT: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500 cheers, ---> Breno Jacinto ---> Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência
- Re: Updated MP02 Firmware November 10, 2014Hi Akin SECN 2.0 GA01 is the latest stable firmware for MP02 Basic. It is based on OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment stable release. SECN 2.1 Alpha 7 is essentially the same code as GA01 with the addition of the telephony FXS support. SECN 3.0 Alpha 2 is essentially the same code as GA01 but adapted fo
- Need some help installing SPUD November 8, 2014Hello, I am currently in the process of installing *SPUD* onto one of my servers… but seeing as how this is my first time, and lacking documentation, perhaps someone could explain what exactly is needed as per item 7 on the installation notes, e.g.- *7) Configure SPUD* 1. What IP & Port number sh
- Fwd: FYI, OTI flyer for Rome convening November 6, 2014Hi there, I received this from Greta Byrum from OTI (cc'ed). I believe this might be of interest for some of the VT networks! best, carlos ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Hey Carlos, Please take a look and forward to anyone you know who might be interested! I'm also attaching a sampl
- SIP DNS name resolution issue November 5, 2014Hi Daniel Looking at the OpenWrt ticket, it seems that this may have been fixed in recent OpenWrt versions, but it is not entirely clear just which version. It seems to have been fixed about a year ago, which means it should be in the Barrier Breaker version of OpenWrt). It may or may not have been
- Using Github for software problems October 31, 2014Hi all, We're going to try to move specific software questions off the list to the Github repository where applicable. So for instance, if you have a problem installing spud, you can post problems at https://github.com/villagetelco/spud/issues Or if you have questions about the SECN firmware wh
- a test bed for a full eco-system! Do you want to administrate it? October 30, 2014hi folks! A thought I have about making a testbed for VillageTelco. This will allow to stress test over time new implementations of everything from dashboards to firmware and interop with other units. And of course it can be used for demonstration. I have the bandwidth, virtualization resources an